Announcements by Lynn Ganim, acting MANA president:
This meeting is part of a series of meetings where MANA is reaching out to public officials to better understand how our neighborhood may be impacted by annexations or by new cities that include us or happen close enough to impact us.
- We have reached out to identify a County representative but have not been successful
- To learn about Commissioner Gannon’s Blueprint for DeKalb, attend Sept 30 meeting
- The interim CEO has appointed an operations task force that meets weekly at the Maloof Bldg; citizens are welcome to attend
- MANA’s Oct 7 meeting will feature Rep Mary Margaret Oliver, who has been closely involved with recent cityhood proposals and will explain the legislative process
- MANA will conduct a survey (house to house) to better understand our residents’ concerns and preferences
Councilman Wan has represented ATL District 6 since 2010. He grew up on the area, and attended Clarkston High, GA Tech School of Engineering, and completed his MBA at U Penn. In addition to his Atlanta appointment, Mr. Wan also works as director of development for Emory University’s libraries. Mr. Wan clarified that at this meeting, he is representing the City of Atlanta and District 6 and that he is not part of the Emory governance team (that would handle any cityhood/annexation discussions). Extensive meeting notes follow.