Saturday, September 26
5 - 9 pm
20th Anniversary Harvest Festival
at the Clyde Shepherd Nature Preserve
- music by the Reagor Brothers Band
- crafts and activities for kids
- bonfire and s’mores
- bake sale by Girl Scout Troop 12580
- food available for purchase from the Streatery food truck (100% beef franks, pork, beef, and chicken sausages, & veggie dogs)
- beer from Three Taverns Brewery for those with a CSNP beer glass
The Clyde Shepherd Nature Preserve is an urban oasis located at 2580 Pine Bluff Dr., Decatur, GA 30033. It was featured in Hiking Atlanta's Hidden Forests: Intown and Out.
Late summer is a great time to visit and see wildflowers in bloom on the outer loop of the trail. Here are some views from about a week ago.
|...and its namesake seed box. Each seed capsule is about 1/4" wide.|
Tip the seed box and tiny seeds tumble out of the opening like salt from of a salt shaker.
|Web worm moth on a goldenrod.|
|A small white morning glory surrounded by joe pie weed.|
|Asiatic dayflower lasts as long as the name implies.|
Also known as mouse ears.
|Late in the season, a few jewelweeds are still blooming|
|Sowing next year's wildflowers...|