|This image highlights the new development in context (Suburban Plaza redevelopment & former site of Scott Blvd. Baptist and adjacent plots being redeveloped by Fuqua Development). Image via SJ Collins.
- traffic enhancements such as thermoplastic pedestrian crossings throughout, a new traffic signal and an upgrade the timing system to coordinate new and existing lights
- $100,000 towards the installation of a traffic light with pedestrian crossing at the Church St. and Milscott Dr. intersection
- 10% of the units in the multi-family residential building will be priced as workforce housing (and reserved for residents demonstrating income at or below 80% of area median income)
- these agreements apply to any future owners of this property. That includes making good faith efforts with any future adjacent developments to maintain connectivity between the properties.
- 1 acre of open public space was negotiated
- utilities will be under ground
- bike racks will be available around the development, one near the grocery store
- a contact person will be available to address concerns during the construction phase; construction traffic will be routed away from residential streets
press release and their website has links to
|Site Plan per SJ Collins's website
Bonus content: The DeKalb Neighborhood Newspaper reports on this development. (10/4/2016)