Medlock's attendance pattern to elementary school will likely change as a result.
MANA has sent the below letter to DCSS, outlining support for an option that "maximizes elementary school seats in the cluster and keeps the Medlock area together."
DCSS's website notes that there is a one remaining public information meeting on November 28, and feedback can also be delivered via survey.
Meeting 3: The third meeting presents one “Staff Recommended ” op on and gives the public one more opportunity to provide feedback. The proposed dates for the third meeting of each process are:
- John Lewis Redistricting: Tuesday, November 27 , 2018 @ Cross Keys HS, 7 PM
- Druid Hills Redistricting: Wednesday, November 28 , 2018 @ Druid Hills MS, 7 PM
- Online Survey: November 27 – December 6, 2018 (midnight)Board Approval: After the third public meeting , Planning department staff will incorporate all public feedback into a “Superintendent‐Recommended Redistricting Plan ”.
- First Read: January 7th, 2019 Board meeting
- Board Approval: February 4th, 2019 Board meeting.